21 апреля 2021 года пройдет вебинар при помощи программы ZOOM по новым спортивным FAI — логгерам.
Начало: в 14.30 по UTC (17.30 по мск).
Все желающие должны направить заявку на участие организаторам мероприятия.
Faustine Carrera email@example.com
FAI webinar: Loggers in air sports. Case study of the CIA balloon live app
Loggers have become essential devices for pilots, event organisers, competition officials and members of the public. As technology progresses, so too do the expectations of the air sports community, particularly regarding mobile apps, live-scoring and live-tracking. This webinar focuses on the eco-system around these loggers, in particular the development, logistics and in business.
- Learn from 10 years of experience with Balloon Competition loggers: the rental system, customs & logistics aspects and the financial success for FAI/CIA
- Discover the state-of-the-art logger app ‘Balloon Live’ and the surrounding eco-system: Balloon Live Sensor, software, features, technology
- See how it is embedded within the vision of a wider scoped project
- Find out how the FAI Ballooning Commission (CIA) implemented it in its community
- Gain insight into the commercial and financial elements of this project
- Get inspired: how could parts or aspects of the FAI Balloon Live technology be used in other sports?
- Share knowledge: talk to the business and technical leaders behind FAI Balloon Live and discuss the challenges
- Connect with other Commissions Officials and engage in discussing best practise
FAI BALLOON LIVE
CIA Vice Presidents Marc André and Claude Weber, both active as event officials in numerous Cat1-events, developed FAI Balloon Live to be more than just a device to replace traditional loggers. With a mobile app and an additional sensor box it guarantees a constant and equal quality of the position (GPS) and altitude (GPS and barometric) measurements while allowing for state-of-the-art user interface. Additionally, the live transmission of the data opens a lot of new possibilities for live scoring and live coverage of the competition.
Along with the release of the app, watchmefly.net was updated to provide the Cloud infrastructure for Balloon Live. A new WatchMeFly Comp Centre allows event organisers and competition officials to manage all the flights, tasks and Balloon Live logger data in real time.
Marc André is leading the technology development of the FAI Balloon Live project. Based in Switzerland, he is an electrical and information technology engineer. He has founded several startup companies and is currently working as Principal Engineer in the medical device industry. He has been active within CIA since 2007 and is particularly involved in the gas balloon competition Coupe Aéronautique Gordon Bennett. He is chair of the CIA Scoring Working Group.
Claude Weber is leading the project from the conceptual, financial and communication side. He lives in Luxemburg and is chair of the CIA New Technology Subcommittee. Being part of the CIA scene since 2003, he has been involved in organizing and directing international events for the past 20 years. Trained as a mechanical engineer, he works as a teacher and IT project leader in education in Luxembourg.
> Presentation of FAI Balloon Live
> Questions & Answers
DATE, TIME & DURATION
> 21 April 2021 @ 16:30 CEST / 14:30 UTC
> 60 min
> Deadline: Sunday 18 April
> Register now